2017 ALA-ICA Conference, Mexico City
The International Council on Archives and its New Professionals Programme invite new professionals from Latin America to apply for a mini-bursary that will provide a discount on registration to the ALA-ICA 2017 Conference “Archives, Citizenship and Interculturalism” that will take place in Mexico City on November 27-29, 2017.
Who is it for?
To be eligible for the mini-bursary, applicants must:
- Either be a member of ICA or ALA (paid up member or at least having applied for membership at the date of application), work for an institution with ICA or ALA membership, or be a trainee/student in an institution with ICA or ALA membership;
- Have less than 5 years of experience, irrespective of age, including:
- Students of archival science (including individual ICA or ALA members and students of archives/records management schools which are ICA or ALA members).
- Trainees (including individual ICA or ALA members and trainees in organisations which are ICA or ALA members).
- Qualified archivists with no working experience and who are individual members of ICA or ALA.
- Individuals who have started working, part-time or full-time, in a paid position, as an archivist or records manager, in one of the 5 calendar years preceding 2017.
- Have not previously received funding from the ICA, and
- Come from/live in/work in any country in Latin America.
How many bursaries are available and what does the bursary cover?
The bursary will benefit 20 New Professionals from Latin America, who will get a discount of 200 € in the Conference fee. The number of bursaries may be increased if additional funds become available.
How to apply?
The bursary application form is available in English, French and Spanish, and can be filled in online
The deadline for applications is 30/09/2017 at 23:59 CEST (Time in France).
Any questions regarding the bursary can be sent to email@example.com
How will the selection be made?
If the eligibility criteria is met, applicant’s name will enter into a list. Using a virtual tool, the names of the bursary holders will be selected in a randomized way. This process will be overseen by a committee made up of ICA and ALA officials.
Participants will be notified via email by 30 September 2017. Only the chosen bursary recipients will be contacted.
Please be aware that successful applicants will be ineligible for the full bursary of the New Professionals Programme for future conferences and congresses.
How are bursaries awarded?
A 200 € rebate will be transferred in the form of a reimbursement upon receipt of proof of registration in ALA-ICA 2017. Reimbursements will be in Euros.